Updated: May 23, 2023
What Information We Collect
Information provided by you. Personal information you provide us using our Service such as through questionnaires, online forms, your use of our products, access to our help and technical support services, or by submission of your resume through the careers section of the website. This information may include:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email address, home or business address, or personal phone number submitted through correspondence or via our Service.
- Profile information, such as your email, username, and password that you may set to establish an account with us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and any information you provide when you engage with our communications through the Service, or through social media accounts.
- Time and attendance information, such as your work or shift schedule and sleep environment that may be collected through sleep questionnaires in our Service.
- Sleep questionnaires, such as questions about the individual’s sleeping habits and hygiene, sleep opportunities, and lifestyle habits and demographic information impacting sleep patterns.
Information collected automatically. Interaction with our Service may automatically collect information from devices associated with your profile. This may include information about your mobile device, interactivity with our Service over time, and other online services such as:
- Device data, hardware specifications from your mobile device such as operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, application version, language preferences, network settings (including Bluetooth and Wi-Fi status), and time zone settings.
- Sleep data and information, such as your sleep time and length, and actigraphic data that is uploaded to our Service to process fatigue assessments.
Non-Personal Information: This includes business contact information, aggregated non-identifiable information or information that does not by itself identify a specific individual, such as the name and address of your organization, your work phone number, or mobile device specifications. We may collect this information in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, how you use this website, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded, the frequency and duration of visits, your access to products, and your source IP address.
Cookies: A cookie is a data file that certain websites write to your computer’s hard drive when you visit such sites. A cookie file can contain information, such as a user identification code, that the website uses to track the pages you have visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. We may collect information from your web sessions by using cookies, to determine, for example, user traffic patterns, and the effectiveness of our navigational structure.
Most website browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of this website; however, you may have to accept the receipt of cookies to access some of the resources on this website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Fatigue Science may collect and use the personal information it collects from you for the following reasons:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to optimize the performance of our services;
- to provide information on our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to send you, or have our business partners send you, sales and marketing information;
- to verify your identity for the purpose of obtaining access to our products, services and resources (for instance, setting up your account or accessing our help resources);
- to contact you, when necessary, regarding issues concerning your use of our products and services;
- to obtain information about your use of our products and services as input to future product development;
- to gather general aggregate information based on IP addresses to track information about website usage (such as, the number of visitors, frequently viewed pages, number of downloads, etc.);
- to make it easier for you to use our website;
- to obtain information about your qualifications and skills if you submit your resume to us for the purposes of applying for a position with Fatigue Science; and
- the information may be legally required.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We will not sell or otherwise disclose personal information collected from you to other third parties, except in those limited cases where we are legally required to do so. We do not disclose, sell, exchange or trade your personal information with commercial mailing lists.
Fatigue Science has taken commercially reasonable steps to assure the security of any personal information that is transmitted to and from our services. We will cease all use of your personal information upon your request. In such case, access to Fatigue Science services may become unavailable.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of any personal information we hold about you. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain personal information may need to be retained by Fatigue Science for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required by applicable law. As mentioned above, you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
Links To Other Sites
The Fatigue Science website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that Fatigue Science is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to make themselves aware of the privacy practices of other websites by reading the privacy policies of each and every website they visit that collects personal information.
Fatigue Science Technologies International Ltd.
200 – 110 W Hastings Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 1G8
+1 (604) 408-0085
Attention: HR & Office Coordinator